Thursday, October 16, 2008

A shout-out to all the parents out there

Reason No. 27 why I would make a horrible parent: I couldn't take care of a kid when I'm sick.

I'm sick right now -- not death bed sick, but sick enough to be moderately miserable. I want to stay in bed and have everything I need within my reach: Nyquil, Kleenex, cough drops and a remote control for when I slip out of the Nyquil-induced coma. I want to stay in my T-shirt and sweats and maybe forgo showering for a couple of days. I want to screen my phone calls.
How do you do all of this when you're a parent? You don't, I guess. You suck it up and do what needs to be done, trying to forget that you're miserable.

I guess I should be happy that my eggs are probably old and dried up and incapable of producing a smaller version of myself. As for you parents out there, I raise my measuring cup of Nyquil and toast to you.

No comments: