Sunday, January 4, 2009

How did this happen?

I'm typing this on my laptop. There are four tabs open on my browser: Gmail, Twitter, Facebook and this blog site. Hiding behind this browser is my iTunes window. Resting on the table next to this laptop: an iPod, a cell phone, a digital camera loaded with photos I need to download and the remote for my TiVo, which at the moment is recording some obscure show because it thinks it "knows" me.
I have my trusty bookmark toolbar at the top of this page: Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, New York Times, MediabistroDC and, of course, the Indy Star, among others.
I also have two books on the coffee table in various stages of being read.
How in God's name am I supposed to keep up? I want to be able to take in every morsel of information. I want time to catch up with those 263 people who I'm connected with on Facebook. I want to read inane Twitter updates. I want time to edit 14,039,204 (approximately) photos. I want time to find a song in the iTunes store that will give me goosebumps. I want time to watch that "West Wing" episode from Season 2 that TiVo has recorded for me.
I want time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how!!! You buy it in a little plstic container at the grocery store! I kept my birthday time "thyme" untouched until Thanksgiving-keeping it all to myself. A little plastic container of serenity all for me. Then once it was opened, it became communal property--isn't that always the way with time?! It was still a better gift than dryer lint. And didn't you mean the Washington TIMES?? ( Well, maybe not. )

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Yeah... and I want to be a size 5 again.

You know what they say, wish in one hand and crap in the other and see what you have...

no time.

Cheers!